Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Friday...and pics from Thursday

Charlie Chan was doing his thang all night over at the Delmar Lounge last night. I only have one complaint with him. He was doing so good I didn't want to go home. It was after 2am when I left and I went home with more energy than I came out with. He almost made me jump out of my knee high boots when he played Murphy Lee's remix of Bust it Wide Open. Brandon from Murphy's Lee's camp was also in the building and when folks found out I think I saw a few cd's being flung his way.

Some of everybody was in the Delmar Lounge last night.

Luqman was on the mic keeping the crowd going and in check. Since it was ladies night and Charlie Chan was playing all the east coast old school we thought asking for some Lil Kim would be o.k. but Luqman quickly put us in check by telling us to sit back and wait because that's not how they do things at the Delmar Lounge and reminded everybody that we were not at Lush, EXO, the Loft or any other club. The North St. Louis in me wanted to say a few words and then head over to EXO for the Freetime event but I stayed since it was my girl's birthday. Plus I know he didn't mean any harm I just think he was trying to remind us newcomers that they had a certain way of doing things. Anyway despite his little speech I was feeling him on the mic and will be back soon.

THE BIRTHDAY GIRL....CRYSSRENEE. She is the reason why I was out so late on a Thursday night.

Tonia and Ebony (cousins, so they say) took time out from drinking for a quick shot!


If anybody wonders again why our slogan is "where URBAN and CHIC collide and harmonize" this picture should explain everything. We've been friends for over 14 years and have never had an argument or falling out and I think it's because we come from 2 different worlds and we understand each other and respect the others place in life.

10 Comments:

Nicole, Inc. said...

By the looks of the pics, it looks like you had a blast.

Anonymous said...

JAMIB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF U DO NOT GET THOSE PICS OFF HERE. LOL. YEAH WE HAD A BALL, HEY INC. I SEE YOU GIRL, NICE PIC

Still Patrice said...

Fun times INDEED!

Jami B. said...

Cryssrenee - don't be shame now that you are sober. You took those pics so you know I had to post then. Just be glad I didn't post some of the other ones with you...well I won't even go there.

nicole, inc - about time you put a profile pic up...LOL

pajnstl - if you stop faking like you are sick you could have been out with us

ICEE said...

LOOKS LIKE YALL HAD A GOOD TIME I MAY HAVE TO CHK OUT THIS DELMAR LOUNGE........

suiteSTL said...

ICEE yeah o.k...LOL

ICEE said...

JAMI B I THOUGHT U WLD GET A KICK OUT OF THAT....

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Belated Birthday Girl! I see ya'll kicked it at one of my favorite Thursday spots (when Im in town). Hate I couldn't be there :(
Did ya'll eat at Ciceros too?!
Damn!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but which one is Chic and which one is Urban?

suiteSTL said...

Ms. J if you move back you can enjoy things like this all the time but until then just check out suiteSTL to keep up and NO we didn't go to Ciceros

Anonymous We are both a little of bit and that picture just shows that we both can have different emotions at the same but still work so well!