Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Fri-DAY26

Reality TV is suppose to show you just how real things can get but I think by the time the editing crew gets done chopping things up you don't know what to believe. All the tears and fighting on Making The Band can't really be faked but sitting down with the guys of Day26 gave me an entire new outlook on the groups dynamics. As soon as they stepped through the door the MTV superstars made it a point to shake everyone's hand and introduce themselves, proving to me that despite all that crazy fighting they still know how to act like gentlemen.
St. Louis native Andrea got an early 21st Birthday gift as she got up close and personal with her favorite group


Awaiting the arrival of the Bad Boy artists, were anxious HOT 104.1 fans who won a chance to get up close and personal with Willie, Mike, Brian, Robert and of course Que. The room was quiet while the winners waited after the rain and traffic delayed the group, but once they stepped through the doors you could hear the screams of excitement from all of the fans. I was waiting to see Mike off in a corner being his shy (according to MTV editing) self, but was surprised to see him so outgoing acting like he went to high school with everybody in the room. Willie stood back but it wasn't long before the older women in the room slide over next to the tall smoove cutie.


Taking a break from his seat on the window seal and giving one die hard fan hug, was Robert who shocked the nation with his emotional breakdown during last weeks episode. I'm not a fan of the mohawk but that man rocks it right. There was one person that just seemed to be all over the place. No it wasn't Que, I will get back to him later. Robert was moving around the room like he had about 2 Red Bulls on the elevator up. Que well where do I start. He was not the man I've seen on t.v. But after watching tonight's episode and seeing Diddy send Que away for a "break" I guess he took that time to calm it down and grow up.
First question on everybody's mind seemed to be "What the hell is wrong with Que?" He cleared that up immediately by saying "I'm not crazy and I'm not drugs" I've seen people on drugs before and that man didn't seem crazy to me at all. No I didn't swab him for a test but all we can do is take is word for it and move on. Between taking pics and sitting in on Young Dip's show the group was singing hooks off the new album which hits stores on April 14th. They even sang an impromptu hook to Young Ro's "Dunk That Booty" in the studio and of course some of those St. Louis women took the time to show them the dance (use your imagination for that image). The members stay connected with their fans on Twitter while on the go (yes it is really them updating) but stated that it's the fans that keep them updated on the show. Watching the show is not a must for them since according to them "we lived it" but they do like to stay on top of what the season shows. The guys also performed at The Venue later that night.

The show may keep us all entertained including the fighting and crying but the guys made it clear that they are focused on pushing the single "Imma Put On Her and April 14th. The date when their sophomore album "Forever In A Day". The moment of truth to see if this group that went through auditions, reality tv and life with P. Diddy to a real life Band...Bad Boy Band has what it takes to make us remember DAY26 when the camera's stop rolling.

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

why is brian standing like that like he about to get him some

Anonymous said...

something IS wrong que i don't care what nobody say

Anonymous said...

3 of them look a little tangish to me

Anonymous said...

i really don't think is as crazy as people try to make him seem. He just young but crazy he is not

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

what a cool interview :) Robert is my boyfriend btw, next time you see him you can tell him I said it too.

Nicole, Inc. said...

First let me just say, great interview, I am very proud of my cousin and cousin's friend. :-). Oh and second let me say that I am kinda mad that you didn't call me so I could come and stalk, I mean meet Will. LOL.

stlnubianqueen said...

DAY 26 our very questionable but I love to watch that show minus the extraness that is Diddy, he needs a No Extraness t-shirt to go with his No Bitchassness

Ms. Parker said...

Great interview!!! I comment when I get a chance on MTV.com but I'm happy to leave my comment here at well. I love Day26. They are one of the few groups that we have today that talented and I think, if came about, that they could sing a 112, Jodeci, or even Silk song. Every band goings through something I don't think that Que is doing drugs or anything crucial I just think that he is young and growing up. We all go throught a phase in our life where we don't know who we really are. We may think we do but we don't. I think that Que is in a different state of growing than the others.

Side note: I absolutely ADORE Mike!!! We need to go on a date! lol

Jami B. said...

Let's see if I got this right...

MsPuddin is in a relationship with Robert but he doesn't know it yet.

Nicole, Inc. wants to meet/stalk Willie. LOL

Ms. Parker needs to go on a date with Mike

and

stlnubianqueen has major beef with Diddy and wants to challenge him to a fight LMAO

Tiff said...

Great interview and pics SUITESTL...thanks for asking Q-ueen that question...I do agree that he may just be young n dumb...not quite sure of how he's portraying himself quite yet. I too would've loved to stalk Willie *frowns at his wedding ring*

Anonymous said...

I got a chance to meet them last week, and they're nice young brothers...Hope the CD does well for them. The TV show is NUTS!

ICEE said...

I HEART MIKE!!!!
LMAO AT QUEEN I FEEL U DIDDY IS SO EXTRA!!!!