Monday, December 8, 2008

Work It Out: Holiday Party Do's & Dont's

The Christmas trees are up and people are starting to wear those funny looking Christmas sweaters at jobs all over St. Louis. When you get ready to attend your company or organizations Holiday Party this season make sure you represent yourself well.

R.S.V.P.
Do attend the holiday party, there is nothing worse that being a no show. Even if you only attend for 30min, people do notice.
Don't shut the party down. You don't always have to be the last person to leave.

ATTIRE
Don't show up wearing your favorite freakum dress unless your party is held inside a venue with a lot of poles and mirrors.
Do check to see what the attire is before you show up looking too casual. Keep it classy.

CHRISTMAS * KWANZA *HANUKAH
Don't go crazy telling people "Merry Christmas" I celebrate it and it gets on my nerves sometimes.
Do be respectful of others personal beliefs

SAFETY FIRST
Do ask to see if cabs are going to be made available. You can always get a ride back to your car in the morning.
Don't get so sloppy drunk that you can't even drive home. Don't dance on the tables, and if you do, don't get caught...LOL

INVITE ONLY
Do bring your spouse to meet the boss, if they are invited...check that first.
Don't assume that you can just bring a guest. If you do bring a "date" make sure it is someone that will represent you well. Don't bring the guy you met last weekend at the club.

PROPER ETIQUETTE
Do remember to always keep one hand free, so that you can shake hands while networking.
Don't over indulge with the food. You can always go visit your favorite late night diner when it's over.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to dance on the tables for sure this year

Anonymous said...

I really don't want to go to my company party...I can't stand the people there and I'm thinking the money they are spending could be used to give me a raise

Jami B. said...

I really wanted to listen to my own advice and attend my comapny's Christmas party but I think they have been pushed to the side for something more important...my hair appointment

Anonymous said...

how are you going to write and tell us to go to our boring xmas parties but yo azz won't be going to yours because you wanna get your hair did...WTF

Anonymous said...

Im hype Jami B. thats bogus!