Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Little Bit Of Advice

dateWed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM
subject all lost in love because of my stupidity
hi suite,
I'm nervous about writing this because the last girl who sent in that letter you guys tore her a new one. My situation is different from hers though and I really have no clue on what to do. This guy and I started out as high school sweethearts, we met in 10th grade. He was my first and only at the time. When we graduated from high school we went to college together and eventually moved off campus together. Around my 21st bday I started to feel smothered. He and I had been together since I was 16 and he was all I knew. I started wondering if maybe we had moved to fast and I didn't get a chance to experience things other girls my age were doing. I broke up with him and moved back home. He was devastated to say the least, he called and called until he got the picture that I didn't want to be with him anymore. I met this other guy and we hooked up and became a couple I really thought we were in love and he might have been the one, but he started cheating on me. My heart was broken and in a few months he had turned me into a clingy, jealous woman with low self esteem. I started missing my ex something fierce. I contacted his sister and got his new number, she also told me that he had moved on with another girl and they were living together now. After weeks of calling anonymous and hanging up I eventually called and spoke with him. We met up and one thing led to another and the next thing I knew we were crying and having sex. It was the most beautiful experience I have ever been in. I thought we would get back together but he refuses to leave the other girl. He said if I wanted him I would have to just take a piece of him because it was me that walked away. I love him and I know he loves me, but I don't want to be any one's side piece. Do you think if I play this game for a little while he will eventually forget about her and get back with me? Or should I just let a lying dog lay?

First let me start by saying that our disclaimer at the top states that we are not trying to hurt feelings or harm anyone. Now that we got that out of the way I want to say this, and I am not a licensed doctor so I could be wrong. It doesn't sound like that man wants to get back with you. You hurt him deeply it seems from what you are saying and he is trying to hurt you back the same way. I can understand that you felt like you wanted to see more of the world and if you are use to rose colored glasses the real world can break you. You thought that everything you were looking for was somewhere else. That's normal and is completely apart of growing up. It's called living and learning. Don't let that tear you away from the woman you are becoming. I am sure you will find the right man for you. And when you do you will know without a shadow of a doubt. Keep your head up sis, and leave that dog right where he is.

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE THREE WORDS FOR YOU. LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!

ICEE said...

FIRST OFF LET ME SAY THIS DNT TAKE WHAT WE SAY TO U PERSONAL TAKE IT FOR WHAT ITS WORTH AT THE END OF THE DAY UR GOING TO DO WHAT U WANT TO DO.... AND WHAT WE COMMENT IS JUST A BIT OF FRIENDLY AND NOT SO FRIENDLY ADVICE KEEP IN MIND THAT ITS EASY FOR US TO SAY GURL U SHLD ARE SHLD NOT DO THIS THAT AND THE OTHER AND THE MAJORITY OF US WILL NOT AND DO NOT FOLLOW OUR OWN ADVICE

MY ADVICE IS TO STOP SLEEPING WITH HIM WHILE HE IS WITH HER IF YOU ALL REALLY LOVE EACH OTHER THEN YOU WILL FIND UR WAY BACK TO EACH OTHER THE RIGHT WAY.... WHAT IF U KEEP HVING SEX WITH HIM AND HE DOES LEAVE HER WELL ONCE YALL ARE 2GETHER U WILL ALWAYS WONDER IF HE IS DOING THE SAME THING TO YOU....DNT LET HIM USE THE FACT THAT U HURT HIM.. TO HAVE HIS CAKE AND EAT IT TO YOU WERE YOUNG AND SIMPLY MADE A MISTAKE IT HAPPENS AND UR DEALING WITH THAT NOW SO I SAY BE STRONG BREAK IT OFF WITH HIM HOLD UR HEAD UP AND GO ON WITH UR LIFE UNTIL U ALL MEET AGAIN ARE UNTIL U MEET THE RIGHT MAN FOR YOU......

Anonymous said...

where do you all get these letters from

Nicole, Inc. said...

**Singing** You can have a piece of my love, it's waiting for you, girl it's true, I do love you. Shout out to all my old school fans.

Now that we have that out of the way, who the hell are these people and why do they keep asking you two for advice. LOL.

Aww man this is another hard one. Girl, you should just let it go. What you want with him anyway, if he is living with someone and is in a relationship with her and he is sleeping with you as well, why would you want to put up with that? Yall got caught up in old times, that's all it was. Move on and let it go. I know it's easier said than done, but you are gonna wind up getting your feelings hurt here. Take some time for yourself and figure out what it is you want in a man, cuz I am sure this ain't it.

JCruz said...

Everyone deserves that special someone. Don't sell yourself short He might or might not be that person for you, but definitely not right now. Karma's a b!tch, you wouldn't want someone to do that to you again. Save your tears and time for somebody who wants you and only you.

Anonymous said...

wow once again another stupid chick roaming the streets of St. Louis. You were just cheated on and you felt like crap, don't you think that his girlfriend is going to feel the same way. To me you seem spoiled and childish, and that is just my own opinion. I think he should run far from you because it seems like you are out to destroy that man

Anonymous said...

I say let it go...Its gone b hard but y play yoself & make yoself look like a fool...u say u left him to explore so do so there's someone out there that will love u 4 u its nothing there anymore...if he a cheatin on her with u who else is he cheatin wit & what makes u so different to say that he want cheat on u as well he's trying to hurt u da way that u hurt him but 10 times worst by sellin u a dream of even being a side line piece...It just wouldnt fly with me! I say move on do u swayy it out diva style! (He'll be runnin bac...Just dont accept em with open arms lol)

And shut up stlnbianqueen she's not stupid clearly she just need some direction all us yung women & men do!

Miss Perfect!

Jazzy said...

I don't know girl...it sounds LESS like you love/miss dude and MORE like you are just lonely because your current dude treated you badly.

Maybe you ought to think about taking time for yourself to reflect (meaning: stay SINGLE for a minute)...leave dude and his relationship ALONE.

Keep it moving.

And for the record I think the writers of this blog went EXTREMELY easy on you.

Midwest Musings said...

I definitely agree with Opinionated DIVA. You left a hurtful relationship and need time to rebuild your self-esteem. You are looking for someone to love and comfort you. You need time to learn to love you again. But, you do not need find love with someone else's man.

If it is meant to be, then God will bring you two back together. Personally, I would feel better knowing he came back to me because he truly loves me (instead of me giving him sex and pressuring him to get back together). Do not use your vagina as weapon to get this man back.

Let him go. If it's meant to be, then he will be back.