Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Ash Wednesday

Well I'm not sure if we really should say "Happy Ash Wednesday" or what the proper term for today is. But in many religions the day is celebrated with a service of repentance. You may see a lot of people today with what looks like a dirty rash on they forehead but please don't wipe it off those are simply the ashes from last years Palms. I don't have time to try to explain how this all works so if you still need some help just google it or better yet start going to church!

This is also the start of LENT? In past years I've given up everything from Chocolate, Sex, Soda Cursing, Bread and even meat. Do you plan on giving up anything this year for Lent if so what?

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing I want to give up is this no good man of mine. But then I would hve to deal with a million no good men. So I guess I am giving up watching t.v. so much

Nicole, Inc. said...

Why did I just see one of my co-workers and she was walking by kinda fast and I was like, WTF is that on her forehead. LOL. Now I know.

ICEE said...

LMAO!!!!!

Jami B. said...

Nicole, Inc. - LOL. Why did I just have a visual of you leaning back in your chair to see what the hell was going on with her face.

cryssrenee said...

LOL, OH DEAR INC, I LOVE U SO MUCH. I AM GIVING UP DRAMA!!!! YEAH RIGHT, IDK YET!!

QUEEN B said...

i didn't know what was going on yesterday around town with all the dirty heads. learn something new everyday

Unknown said...

sweets. dedicating more time to pray