Monday, October 12, 2009

Between The Sheets: The Darkest Child

Hopefully you will have a box of kleenex available and your favorite brand of wine. This book is heart wrenching and very sad, however you will not be able to put it down. My heart went out to the children in the book. I was screaming at the words "hold on girl, your cries have not fallen deaf on God's ears" I knew they couldn't hear me but I just felt better saying it. I will not give one clue about this book because it is something that you just have to read for yourself. This book is The Color Purple meets Push (the book based on the movie Pleasure that Monique is starring in).

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this last year and it really was a great read, sad but really good. I never cried so hard for characters in a book

Love always, Nisha said...

Me and my dude read this book sometime over the summer. It was so good, he read it twice!

Don said...

this is a superb blog, my two old school blog buddies. btw, it's good to see the both of u doing it 2gether. i sat here and combed the entire blog and i like.

of course i've thought about u both these past twelve months and i couldn't help but smile when i recalled all the super funny stuff exchanged, especially when it came to y'all exchanges in comment sections. so real.

also, i've never read this book but i went to the bookstore two days ago and i swear the white girl helping me, recommended the book Push. i declined cause she was white and i didn't think she and i had the same taste. *sad face* i bought the sequel to Coldest Winter Ever, instead.

silly me.