Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years Resolutions

Each year we all set those all so important resolutions. I have heard several people say they wanted to become closer to God, of course loose weight, eat better, or stop drinking and smoking, etc. This time around I have decided to try something new and that is "hold my tongue". Yes, you heard it hear first on suiteSTL Cyrssrenee is going to learn to hold her tongue. Like Murphy Lee I am soooo St. Louis, and St. Louis girls are known for going off. One year a cousin of mine was in Miami and this dude grabbed her and of course she cursed him out, and his reply was "you must be from St. Louis, all St. Louis chicks got smart mouths and are stuck up". She laughed at him because with the millions of people down there how did he guess she was from the Lou. We don't play that, please don't grab me and please don't disrespect me is most of our motto. Seriously though I really want to work on controlling my mouth, I am very quick witted and some would say that I lack tact, but that is all Sags is my defense. If not all Sags, then that smart mouth is the West Side way of life. You couldn't play on Cook's school yard without learning how to be tough or talk a good game at least. But now that I am older I look back at some of the situations I have been in, and I say if I only I would have shut up. I was thinking about the Crucifixion of Jesus and how they ridiculed him and all he had to do was open his mouth and say the words, but instead he kept quiet and only asked for their forgiveness. All I am saying is the world would be a better place. What resolutions do you plan on making and keeping?

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Loosing weight is my main focus, I really want to just feel healthy not really loose weight.

Anonymous said...

I don't believe in making those because I never keep them, and I am always saying how I hate a liar so why lie to myself.

Jami B. said...

Here is my list and I'm going to need our readers to help me stick to it

*lose 20lbs
*cook at least 3x a week
*no soda (for at least six months)
*drink more
*stop cursing...before 10am
*blog more
*make more money
*share less
*develop SuiteBallentine
*buy 8 pairs of shoes
*complete my china set
*meet my sister - really!
*get new glasses

OK maybe this isn't what new years resolutions are all about but I don't care. These are just some of the things I want to do in 2009

ICEE said...

REALLY GOOD POST CRYSSRENEE!!!
YOU CAN DO IT GURL!!!

I ALWAYS MAKE THEM BUT NEVER REALLY REALLY STICK TO THEM...BUT A FEW ON MY LIST....
I WANT 2 CREATE JUST A ALL AROUND BETTER LIFE 4 MY SON AND I....BE HEALTHY... HAPPY.....GO BACK TO SCHOOL....WRK OUT MORE TO TONE DNT REALLY WANT TO BE SMALLER.....SAVE MORE MONEY....MAKE MY LIL MAN TAKE SOME SORT OF MUSIC LESSON U KNW TO DO SUMTHNG OTHER THAN SPORTS.....


JAMI B U DNT NEED TO LOOSE 20LBS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Damn you still haven't meet yo sista Jami ?!!! Yeah do that first.

Cryssrenee good luck with that 1! Next time I see you I will be sure to test you out! LOL.
Yeah as for myself no resolutions. Puts to much pressure to live up to, I'd rather not. But good luck to the rest of you!

Anonymous said...

getting out of st. louis is mine, i need to see the world. lol

Anonymous said...

You can't hold your tongue it wouldn't be you...If anybody say something out of the way you will come back with some slick shh.. and you know it can you guess who I am Cryssrenee?

Anonymous said...

no, who is this i have no clue i am mad, who knows me this well. lmao!!! u r right i had to go off on someone this morning, well ok two people