Thursday, January 1, 2009

HOT 104.1's top 50 St. Louis Songs

Hot 104.1 released the top 50 songs by St. Louis artist from the last 20 years. What better way to start the New Year off by remembering all of you favorite songs from St. Louis. There were some aritist that made the list more than I thought were needed and others like Penelope didn't make the countdown at all. Take a look at let us know what you think.

  1. SYLK SMOOV-TRICK WIT A GOOD RAP
  2. NELLY-COUNTRY GRAMMAR
  3. DA HOL’9-NINA POP
  4. TAYLOR MADE-WHIRLWIND
  5. CHINGY-RIGHT THURR
  6. J-KWON-TIPSY
  7. EBONY EYES-IN YA FACE
  8. HUEY-POP LOCK AND DROP IT
  9. JIBBS-CHAIN HANG LOW
  10. BEANO-MONEY SNAPP
  11. Nelly - Delima
  12. Murphy lee – What the Hook Gon Be
  13. Nelly – Hot In Herre
  14. chingy-feat tyreses-pulling me back
  15. Ko Ko-Mob out
  16. eternity-hush
  17. da bangers-run up
  18. NELLY Air Force One
  19. Hakeem Da Dream – Thick wit
  20. Nelly – Grillz
  21. Chingy – Holidae Inn
  22. Joka & Tha Deck – Swing On ‘em
  23. ali-breathe in breathe out
  24. J-Kwon – Hood Hop
  25. Nelly – E.I.
  26. Gena – Dope Boy Fresh
  27. st.lunatics-gimmie what you got
  28. payback-things you do
  29. Abyss – Catch 22
  30. P-Dub – She Gotta Man At Home
  31. Nelly – Shake a Tailfeather
  32. Truth Hurts – Addictive
  33. Jibbs – King kong
  34. P-Dub – Roll wit Me
  35. St. Lunatics – Let Me In
  36. Vic Damone – Check My Swag
  37. P-Dub – 4 walls
  38. Murphy lee-shoes
  39. St. Lunatics – Summer In The city
  40. Potzee – Good Evening
  41. just black-women aint all that bad
  42. out Of Order – All hjis Money All His Cash
  43. Spaide Ripper – Always
  44. RAY THE KID –JUMP STUIPD
  45. Potzee – Dat Girl
  46. Allstars – So Serious
  47. Ludy – Thang Right Thurr
  48. One Man Stan – Because I Chill
  49. Out of order – Work Something
  50. Toya – I Do

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like the only thing this countdown had going for it was the #1 & #50 songs...that's it. I think the title should have been "Top 50 songs from St. Louis...in no particular order". There were also some songs missing, like "Nikki" and the Allstars "Do What Cha Do" (or whatever it's called, lol). Now I understand that the list started out at 150 songs and that some songs were going to get left off by default, but I could have done without a couple of those Nelly songs (he had 10 total if you include the St. Lunatics songs) just to hear a song I haven't heard since I was shaking my bottom at The Palace! Overall, the countdown wasn't THAT bad, just could've used some adjustments.

Anonymous said...

If the song is not available on CD or online to purchase, it does not deserve to even be on the list.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know that stl had that many people with records other than NELLY

Anonymous said...

No Nikki? for real?
I'm furious. That was my joint.

Anonymous said...

I am way late (I just stumbled across this on google...) but that list is HEAVILY weighted toward recent songs. What about people like Black Pearl Mafia? Deadly Deuce? Suave Tre? JCD? etc. At least they remembered Sylk Smoov and One Man Stan.