Sunday, January 11, 2009

SOLD OUT: Rickey Smiley

According to STL House of Comedy owner Dee Lee, Rickey Smiley was the fastest selling show ever at his comedy club in St. Louis. That means the HOT 104.1's morning show host sold out faster than D.L. Hughley when he was in town. It's no secret that every Friday I can be found at Dee Lee's House of Comedy catching the 8:30 show but I haven't seen a crowd like this since the Election watch party. Dee Lee opened up at his own club making sure he got the crowd ready for the national headliner. I know most people in St. Louis still remember Dee Lee as a Radio personality but he is even a better comic. Another comedian Ced (who I've never heard of) showed up and out as he almost made me fall out of my chair a couple of times during his show.

When Rickey Smiley hit the stage his greeting alone made a sister laugh. You know he wasn't going to do comedy without a addressing the Pimp comedian Katt Williams. He said he was going to hold him down and put his hair in ponytails and barrettes. LOL. Now you know Katt Williams don't play about his hair but he had to address that fool calling veteran comics Steve Harvey and Cedric the Entertainer "has beens". He loves him some purple and gold so he had to acknowledge all the fraternities and sororities in the house even the 1 lonely Iota. Then he started shouting out the Crips, Bloods, Vic Lords and McDonald's workers who seemed to represent as well. He tried to do a little set with a keyboard but since it wasn't hooked up to his liking he scrapped that and ended the show with an old school set which was accompanied by him dancing his skinny self around the stage. Overall I must say that the show was one of the best I've seen at the House of Comedy.

If you haven't checked this club out you better get your game up and get tickets to the next show which is set to feature Esau McGraw. But no need to wait until the weekend because P-Dub (you know him as Pretty Willie) will be there on Wednesday for the Urban Suite.

7 Comments:

Lady Di said...

I know Katt called Steve out but please tell me where he called Cedric out. I missed that one in my research. Interesting what Smiley had to say about Katt though.

Lady Di said...

Nice blog!!

ICEE said...

I DIDNT KNW HIS LIL AZZ CLLED OUT CED EITHER........IS IT ME ARE IS HIS LIL HAIR BREAKING OFF WASNT IT LONGER THAN THAT.......

Lady Di said...

Yeah, his hair is getting shorter by the tours he has to do. I have pics where it's on his shoulders. Could be stress.

Anonymous said...

Dang Lady Di! Katt yo boo huh?
Hate I missed Rickey! Ya'll be making me wanna come back home to the LOU! :(

Lady Di said...

Ohhh noooo, I collect for his supporters. I'm here for the comedy cause that's all I can handle.

PS - you see that new cartoon? Not as funny as the Tigers but funny no doubt.

Anonymous said...

I would like to see Rickey Smiley and Katt Williams in a boxing match. The midget pimp and the cross dressing omega