Wednesday, January 14, 2009

V.I.P. Suite: NOTIFI RECORDS

Honest, Fantastic, Godsent, Loyal, Sweetheart, Tenacious, and Passionate. All words that friends and used to describe Notifi Records CEO, Ira DeWitt. She is a Doctor, Mother and Wife and the owner of the Record Label that 90’s heartthrob Ginuwine signed with in 2008. I recently sat down with DeWitt to discuss the upcoming project with Ginuwine and Notifi Records and what she has in store for the St. Louis music scene.


pictured left: Ira DeWitt, CEO of Notifi Records

While I went in ready to learn all about what Ginuwine has cooking with his upcoming album I found myself more intrigued with how Ira DeWitt landed herself in this position. When you think record label head a lot of images may come to mind, but Ira is ready to change that. On the East Coast you have Bad Boy, and So So Def is a part of Atlanta history and for years I often thought that Derrty ENT would hold the same kind of weight in St. Louis. After meeting with Ira DeWitt and seeing the fire in her eyes and passion for what she does, I’m going to say with total confidence that she will take Notifi Records into that leadership role. St. Louis natives Oli and Ms. Bee are 2 of Ginuwine’s label mates and DeWitt plans on reaching out to Faith Evans and Jagged Edge to join this group. Although DeWitt says she doesn’t have the thick skin that many others have in this industry, her songs keep her going. Her husband Bill DeWitt, President of the St. Louis Cardinals admits that the long hours his wife works are hard but says, “he couldn’t imagine her doing anything else because she loves what she does.” While R. Kelly, Ginuwine and even some old school Boyz II Men are in constant rotation, Dewitt’s is focused on Ginuwine topping the charts again and bringing some credibility back to the St. Louis Music Scene.

She has hit the St. Louis music scene running by signing Ginuwine who most recently was linked with the group TGT (Tyrese, Ginuwine and Tank) but that didn’t last long after legal issues halted the project. If you are thinking “What has Ginuwine been doing these days” then you will be glad to hear that he has been working hard on an upcoming album and from what I hear, you won’t be disappointed when it it’s stores. Once famous for having a way with the ladies by doing songs like “Pony” that would have ladies going wild, he has matured his sound and style. DeWitt says that Ginuwine has “evolved as an artist”. Oh and ladies if you thinking you are going to catch Ginuwine (who is still looking fine) around town and have your way with the pretty boy, please keep don’t go groupie on the brotha because he is still married to former rapper SolĂ© who is a Midwest native so you know she don’t play. Stay tuned for what’s to come and I’m sure we will have an update on his comeback real soon.

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of her!! i really admire her accomplishments!! i hope she can put stl on the map!! cant wait for ginuwine to come out!!

Anonymous said...

I love me some of Ginuwine baby hair.

But seriously, Ya'll went from Gorilla Zoe to Ginuwine & Notifi Records in the same week. I see you ladies doing big things for sure

Anonymous said...

Ginuwine and Notifi...Keepin the music alive in STL!!

Anonymous said...

Somebody told me they saw Ginuwine out last month and I argued them up and down it wasn't him but I guess now I see I could have been wrong.

I haven't even heard of this label and you comparing them to bad boy

Power Couple said...

So you mean to tell me that this chick has signed Ginuwine to a St. Louis label and you got Derrty Ent who won't even sign other local artist. Nelly should go look in the mirror and slap himself.

Jazzy said...

I really hope Ginuwine has indeed evolved...it's been a while since I've heard something good from him.

Ms. DeWitt has a HUGE job ahead of her...wishing her lots of luck!

Anonymous said...

Ira is super-cool peeps. Good luck to her and the label.
KEV

ICEE said...

GLAD TO SEE A FEMALE DOING HER THANG......IF IM NOT MISTAKING SHE IS ALSO THE MGR OF STLS OWN MR.GOOD EVENING.... MR.DAT GURL HIM SELF POTZEE....

Anonymous said...

I saw Ginuwine at the Esquire last night and by the time the movie was over I couldn't spot that fine man to save me life

Anonymous said...

Ira is a rude woman. She thinks she is better than everyone and that must be why she thinks she can do everything, but if you look closely, she hasn't done anything well. Starting with being a nice person. SNOBBY B-atch!

*Dominek* said...

I met her in person and she seems to be a very business minded woman! You can't be nice to everyone when you have money like...cuz then everyone is going to want a Hand Me Out! And in this world being a push over is never good for anyones business. Keep doing your thang girl!