Wednesday, January 14, 2009

WAKE UP CALL: STL needs to put a wrap on it!!

As a child I wanted to be Punky Brewster with the cool bed, fly style, and the adoptive father Henry who would let me get what I wanted. I even wanted to be Vanity, I mean seriously what little girl didn’t want to be saved by Leroy. I once cried because I even wanted to be Rudy who had the best family ever on The Cosby Show. But I never ever wanted to be that girl. You know that girl that your mother didn’t want you to play with because she was “to damn fast”. There were positive role models, and positive role models sometimes help positive outcomes happen to young people. I have to shake my head at all the foolishness that is going around in my city. I mean seriously the embarrassment with the possible HIV break out at Normandy High School should have been enough for people to wake up. Now once again this city should be ashamed at leading this country in gonorrhea and chlamydia. I mean really people in 2008? Are you still having unprotected sex? Does the threat of an STD not scare the lust out of you? I know that some men are trifling and want to “feel” it and refuse to put on a condom. But ladies lets please wake up. It’s your body!!!!!! Nothing should be more important than your body!!!!! You have the right to refuse to have unprotected sex. I wish we could just have a city wide rally and just shake the stupid out of people. I know that a lot of these cases are probably from teenagers. I am so scared for today’s teenagers. They are reckless and unfocused, and I know that most don’t give a damn about life. Everyone has been there and we don’t like to be told what to do, but let us tell you this one thing, Sexually Transmitted Diseases are real. Know the value of your life and for your own sake, wrap it up. You want the full story you can check it out here. Be safe people.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

time for me to pack up and move

the old me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms STL said...

I'm just trying to figure why the above commenter is using my name?

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts because it keeps me informed of what's going on at home when I'm away. But damn, what is goin on with StL?!

Nicole, Inc. said...

Damn! Why did I just fall out laughing when I read, "I wish we could just have a city wide rally and just shake the stupid out of people." STDs are real people. Put a damn condom on and ladies you go and get one too, yep, ladies have condoms too.

JCruz said...

I think a rally is a great idea. Having a rally and organize a group that can inspire and motivate people to appreciate their lives, bodies and understand their worth. Don't stop at rallies, hit the club scene because we all know that's where the majority of that gets started. See if it can reach the school districts in a new way.. sky's the limit for a positive movement like that. I think that's what the STL obviously needs right now, ASAP. Sadly, I don't think I can do that on my own but I am definitely down to help. Let's get it started !