Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WTF: Inaugural Night Moments

suiteSTL was as excited as the rest of the world as Barack Obama was sworn in as the 1st Black and 44th President to United States. And you know with something this big there were parties going on all around town. Our first stop was City Hall for the Inaugural Ball. That event was well, uhm, yeah...I'm trying to think of something nice to say...but...yeah it won't come out. Of course the camera was there and I do have pics so considering that the event was a Formal Black-tie Ball, and the dinner V.I.P. tickets were $125 per person - I will let you all decide from the pics - ENJOY

This is the centerpiece that sat at the tables - look real hard and tell me can you spot what's really wrong with this pic.

Wristbands, Really? Yes it was V.I.P., but it was a BALL not a All-Star weekend after party. Wristbands should be reserved for clubs and carnivals NOT a formal event.


So you are just going to lean over me and pick up my food with the bright blue surgical gloves and act like it's o.k.? I didn't know if he was there to take my plate or slap a perm in my head.

If you are looking at this and trying to figure out what the hell it is, don't fell bad. I didn't know what it was either until I asked someone where the salad dressing was. That's when I realized that this plate (yes the dressing was on a desert plate) that resembled a plate of Gerber food was actually my dressing.

My night was not a total loss. I did head over to LUSH and the LOFT where I had a blast and enjoyed the crowd celebrating the fact that Bush is gone and oh yeah we have a BLACK PRESIDENT. Before people start getting there panties in a bunch about why we posted these pics, it's because WE CAN and they were funny, so don't go crying about it just laugh it up.

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. price tags, BLUE rubber gloves, wristbands...
$125/pp

smh they need to do better

Anonymous said...

lmao @ perm gloves

Jazzy said...

I don't care for the centerpiece, but I can't spot anything completely out of order...and I've been squinting (it wont enlarge) for a full minute.

Totally disgusted with the blue sergical gloves and salad dressing ON A PLATE...wtf...just ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

is the mystery in the first picture why there isn't enough water in the fish bowl

Nicole, Inc. said...

Looks like nobody bothered to put any water in the darn bowl in the first place. It kind of defeats the purpose of floating candles. LOL. Those surgical gloves are kinda scary.

c. jay conrod said...

OMG! This is too funny. I'll confess I haven't been checking the blog very often, but this is reason enough to check back on the regular. As a former event planner, I would've been too through if I saw all of this.

ICEE said...

PLEASE TELL US WHATS WRONG WITH THE TABLE IS IT THE PICTURE FRAMES....THE CANDLES IN THE FISH BOWL LOOKIN THING WITH NOT ENOUGH WATER.....WHAT IS IT???


LMAO AT THE SALAD DRESSIN PLATE.....IM NOT GONE EVEN COMMENT ON THEM GOTDAMN BLUE GLOVES!!!!

suiteSTL said...

The 1st pic has a few things wrong with it.

*the $0.50 price tag on the back of the photo is a major problem to me

*The water in the bowl was not enough to keep a goldfish alive

*Oh and when you use tablecloths you should iron out the crease

And I just noticed the the plate the blueman is holding has 2 american flags sticking out it...why?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad i followed my gut feeling and did not purchase tickets to this event. I checked the website of the event planner's and it just seemed somewhat...well bootleg.

DNLee said...

This looks like a VERY nice event. If I were in town, I would have blogged all about it (and posted it on my other blog). But thanks for stopping by my page earlier.

Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I might have ignored the dressing on a plate but there is no way that I could have left that place without asking why anybody who is working has on plastic gloves. that is weird

DNLee said...

Wow. Okay, I finally read the entry and looked more closely at the pictures. Crazy. Like you, I try to make only nice comments about events....but they were asking for it.