Tuesday, February 10, 2009

R.I.P. - Rodney Winfield

As we ask our readers to vote for the STL's best comedian we are saddened to learn that one of the best that ever hit the stage, Rodney Winfield has passed away. Winfield who lived in St. Louis was 76 years old apparently has passed away from complications dealing with his Kidneys. If you were ever lucky enough to see Winfield on stage then you know he didn't hold any punches and always spoke his mind and never held back no matter what stage he was on. I still remember the last time I saw him. Last summer in the Central West End he was wearing his signature sailor hat and looking cool with just enough swagger to make all the young girls turn they head and give him some attention. He stopped at our table exchanged a few words making us all laugh and off he went strolling down Euclid. Please keep his family and friends in your prayers.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I SAW HIM SOME YEARS AGO AT WESTPORT WHEN THE FUNNY BONE WAS STILL FUNNY. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE LIVED HERE. HE WAS SO FUNNY WITH HIS POTTY MOUTH

Anonymous said...

my prayers are with his family

Anonymous said...

ROLL BOUNCE
I'VE NEVER HEARD HIS ACT,BUT RIP MR. WINFIELD.

Anonymous said...

Rodney was a friend very close friend of our family. In fact he spent almost every holiday with us. There was never a dull moment when he was around. We will truly miss him.

Anonymous said...

There was a comedy tour from Nortfolk to Atlanta produced by Nate Smith many years ago, I did that tour twice. Once with Mike Epps and the other with Rodney Winfield. Rodney was definitely the most entertaining as we drove from city to city. You will always be missed and I know you're not the guy from "A Soldier Story". R.I.P

david Raibon

Comedian Stevie Mack said...

Comedian Willis Turner and I were just having a good laugh on my radio show about our days performing with Rodney Winfield, and I inquired as to whether or not he was still alive, so this page helped me and I will inform my listeners by posting this link at my radio show site here:
STEVIE MACK RADIO
http://www,blogtalkradio.com/ComedianStevieMack