Monday, February 9, 2009

Where was STL At The Grammys?

This year's Grammy Awards have to go down in history as one of the dullest. With all of the foolishness on the red carpet I found myself wondering where in the heck was the St. Louis artist? I mean seriously can we get a Ching a ling or a Derrty ENT representative. For a minute I really thought that St. Louis would become a force to be reckoned with on the music scene. We really need to do more to get our home based artist out there nationally. Maybe SuiteSTL will have our own grammy awards fake give away ceremony (that's right the awards will be imaginary). Even the red carpet last night was dull. I was getting excited thinking that I would have great pics to choose from for our SuiteSTyLe of the week, after searching and searching I found a few contenders. For now you can enjoy the mayhem that some called fashion.

This is child abuse right? I know performing at the Grammys is a singer's dream. But to do it nine months pregnant and to gyrate and drop it low? Wowwww


I really like MIA but she is making it hard for me to give her a pass. Her due date was last night so maybe she was a little bit delirious when she put this on.


How I heart me some Estelle. Seriously though when I saw her all I could think of was the little martian that use to pop up on the Jetsons. I get that she likes to be different but please not in an out of this world type of way.

I know everybody favorite cousin Fantasia is playing Celie in the Broadway Musical of A Color Purple but she really stepped out last night looking like Shug Avery in that mess of a dress. And I thought she was rocking a pair of granny stockings but after I zoomed in on the pic I see those are just her tattoos.

10 Comments:

Jami B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jami B. said...

I swear LAPD should have been locking up MIA for abuse on a fetus instead of running around looking for the dancing light bright Chris Brown

Nicole, Inc. said...

Abuse on a fetus?? Umm, I guess.

Anonymous said...

God I think I feel asleep six times during these awards

Anonymous said...

Roll Bounce

I missed the awards but everyone keeps saying they were boring. SO good I didn't miss much. I think everyone wants so much attention on the red carpet that they are just dressing like idiots to get attention.

Don't let peer pressure impair your dressing choices..lol

ICEE said...

AWWWW MAN I HVE SO MUCH TO SAY BUT IM GOING TO BE GOOD TODAY OK WELL MAYBE NOT........MIA SIT UR A$$ DWN PLEASE!!! ESTELLE ESTELLE ESTELLE.....NOW I LOVE ME SOME FANTASIA BUT NOT LASTNITE THE DRESS.... THE HAIR....PLEASE DNT DROP ANOTHER POUND PLEASE!!!!!! BUT I MUST SAY I DID LOVE THE SHOES!!!

The FĂȘte Society said...

I don't watch award shows too much...my ADHD can't handle it. I can get all of the juicy bits from blogs, entertainment news, etc.

Any way, I caught a glimpse of Nelly in a letterman-style football jacket.

DNLee

DNLee said...

I submitted your blog to the Black Blog rankings, a monthly ranking of all know Black authored blogs.
check it out.
http://electronicvillage.blogspot.com/2009/02/top-ten-black-blogs-feb-2009.html

c. jay conrod said...

All of it too true. I'm surprised you didn't mention Kanye's homage to Lionel Richie. That is what that was, right? LOL!

suiteSTL said...

DNLEE- THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT!!!