Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy Weekend in the LOU

If I hear anybody else say that nothing is ever going on in St. Louis I want them to be in my shoes for just 24 hours and you will learn there is always something going on you just need to know the right folks...or make sure you read suiteSTL and you won't miss out on a thing.


FRIDAY NIGHT: Mocha Latte

Ludy, Young Dip and Will Franklin


First let me say that I have an issue with Mocha Latte and I hope she reads this because I have a serious beef. You made me miss my hair appointment Mocha!!! I partied so hard Friday Night at LUSH with the Promotions Queen that I slept right through my 7am flat iron moment. Everybody and they Uncle baby momma was in LUSH on Friday Night. Wellz "Slim" Fargo (pictured left with Ron Brownz) was there along with Kansas City Chief Will Franklin who I must say makes me proud! The HOT Squad was there to support and Boogie D was hosting...and from what I here LUSH will be his home on Friday Nights alongside Mocha. For more pics...check out the slide show on the right side of the page.

SATURDAY Afternoon: DJCF Fab 25
Saturday afternoon I had to check out my the Demetrious Johnson Charitable Foundation for their annual Fab 25 All-American Football Banquet. If you think you are doing it big and you are not giving back to your community then you really aren't doing anything at all. I was in tears at the Banquet as Darrly Burton and Joshua Kerr spoke to the kids. Both Burton and Kerry were recently released from prison after being wrongly accused of murder. There stories and messages to the kids were inspiring to everyone. KMOV sports anchor Steve Savard hosted with his fine self and the Keynote Speaker was former Rams (you know back when they were good) Aeneas Williams (pictured right with Ronnie Wingo who will be graduating form SLUH and headed off to the University of Arkansas).


SUNDAY NIGHT: Traffic Music Awards

Kyuan, Murphy Lee and City Spud

After the hour and half wait on the TMA's to start I enjoyed myself. I got some good laughs andenjoyed a great show. We presented the award for best collaboration and after almost knocking some guy in the head after he tried to argue with us for not giving the awardees enough time to get to the stage I had to check his little self and let them know they weren't even there. I'm being nice by not calling out who it was but if U C Me then I C YOU. Moving On!

JamiB. and CryssRenee
If anybody knows anything about me (Jami B.) then you already know that my favorite rapper right now is Murphy Lee so I was all good once he got on the stage and when he won his award for best Radio Song "My Shoes." Kyuan and all that bright green was all so there with City Spud who has been back for about 9 months now.


Tony J had on a white Tuxedo like it was prom and he had the nerve to change twice. I ain't mad at you Tony - GREAT EVENT. The funniest moments of the night had to be Darius Bradford crazy self on stage, he tore this one guy up calling him " Lil Dude". We would be wrong not to acknowledge the out pour of love for the beloved Lee "Rose Man" Nixon. His daughter (pictured left with the Rose Man's brother) was full of tears as the whole theater stood to their feet and chanted "Rose Man". However, I must say that for all the winners who were no shows but were in town need to be checked for being a little disrespectful in my book. April Simpson wasn't there and I know good and well Fox 2 didn't have her doing anything last night. Let me stop before I mess around and have to call out half of St. Louis. But we are not afraid to call out some people on their fashion. I understand that the country is a recession and some people had to cut back on expenses, but pulling out retro clothes from the past is not going to cut it. We saw some walking aluminum foil, crimped ponytails, pimp suits with kangols, and just some all around foolishness. Look out for our month long Arch Madness where if caught slipping you will be put on blast.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

April Simpson couldn't make it because she had to go find some more tight clothes to wear on T.V.

Power Couple said...

Oh well I missed it for my double date with Ne-Yo and Jazmine Sullivan

Anonymous said...

ROLL BOUNCE,
ITS DISRESPECTFUL FOR THOSE PEOPLE NOT TO SHOW UP WHO WERE GIVEN AWARDS. BUT PEOPLE WILL BE PEOPLE.NICE PICS!!

Anonymous said...

damn whats wrong with april simpson and why ya'll hating on her she might like her tight clothes

ICEE said...

TIME TO LET GO OF THE GREEN!!!!!!! YALL KNW WHO IM TALKING 2!!!!

suiteSTL said...

I'm sorry ICEE I'm not sure we know who you are talking about please do tell

Anonymous said...

I wish I sill lived there cause I wouldn't miss these types of events. I'm sure it was hood as hell but those are the best ones

Unknown said...

I didn't get a chance to make it to the TMA's last year, so I had to make it for this one. It was cool, with a few little adjustments here and there, It could be a really huge event. Tony J keep doing your thing my dude!!!!