Thursday, April 2, 2009

Between The Sheets

Mo and Quan have been an item for almost 10 years. Quan and his sidechick and secret baby mama, Sherry, have dealt with each other for about 3 years. To Quan, each woman has something different to offer, and he "needs" them both. Mo, a college-educated young lady with upper middle class status, lost her mother as a teenager. Mo spent her teenage years mourning her mother's death and craving attention. She thought she found that in Quan but he wants the one thing that Mo can't give him, a child. Sherry is an around-the-way project chick who wants to become Quan's main girl. Sherry is at Quan's disposal and she knows that if she just hold on a little longer (and use her child) she can get to the top spot. However Sherry is growing tired of her child being a secret she wants St. Louis to know she is the chick with Quan's seed. Torn is a story that many women have faced: to be or not to be with that certain man. The moral to this story is that sometimes the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Other times you will find yourself wishing and praying that you could go back to the life that you thought you didn't want. The author, St. Louis native Keisha Ervin, had me with this one. To date I have read Torn 5 times. I must warn you to grab some tissue because this book will definitely have you shedding a few tears.

5 Comments:

stlnubianqueen said...

This was my favorite book by Keisha, she had me on the edge of my seat, I aint read it five times but it is worth reading it that many times, you want it to turn out different but you are also happy how it turned out.

Anonymous said...

keisha is my cousin so I read her books all the time. I think Torn was my favorite of them all

nelly fan said...

everybody somebody cousin when they make it big. I guess you know Chingy too right

SWEET TOOTH said...

I JUST READ THAT BOOK ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND IT WAS EXCELLENT!

ICEE said...

LMOA AT........NELLY FAN