Friday, April 24, 2009

Thicke and Hudson together in STL

The Fox was packed and all smiles as Robin "Mike Seaver Jr." Thicke and Jennifer "I'm might be preggo" Hudson performed radio hits and album favorites. Robin Thicke has some major flavor going on and had the ladies going crazy...until he started dancing. His dance moves may have been somewhat comical but his stage presence and connection with the crowd was undeniable. He did confuse me when he stopped the screaming so that he could acknowledge "Mr. St. Louis". We started looking around for Nelly and Derrty Ent, then Thicke started talking about Albert Pujols. OK. Really? Is #5 really Mr. St. Louis now? Anyway he got my attention back when he started singing a "Come and Talk to Me", a Jodeci throwback. Thicke put on a great show and if you don't already have his newest album "Something Else" which came out last fall you are missing out on a real treat.

Speaking of treats, either J-Hud had a few too many of them before she hit the stage last night or she is preggo. I love me some of her sanging but if I don't see her pop a baby out within the next 5 months I'm going to have ask her team to invest in a good pair of Spanx. Puffy belly or not, the former American Idol contestant rocked the stage and captured our attention with her voice. My new favorite song (until Murphy Lee drops that album) has got to be "Pocketbook". Hudson even brought out a fly red pocketbook with her on stage and playfully hit a willing participate on the front row with it. The only thing missing was Ludacris who is featured on what I'm declaring a hit with all women across the country. Jennifer shut the lights down and walked off stage which had folks rushing to the door to beat the traffic but those that left early missed the best part of the show, when Hudson came back and shut it down with "I Am Telling You", a Dreamgirl classic.

Never have I been a big concert goer but this one was a great show and one I'm glad I didn't miss. There were quite a few other folks who didn't want to miss it either cause the seats were filled with STL's who's who. Several Rams Players were there including Quincy Butler comes to the Midwest after playing with Cowboys. Also two of St. Louis' most well respecting writers, Kenya Vaughn of the St. Louis American and Kevin Johnson from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch were both in the house. I know they were working but with a show like that I'm sure they were having just as much fun as us. According to Johnson's music blog The Blender there are more great concerts coming to St. Louis this summer so make sure you check him out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout Boo!!
KEV

Anonymous said...

ROLL BOUNCE,
WOW I MISSED A GREAT SHOW!