Thursday, April 16, 2009

Solange is So St. Louis

Solange Knowles will be in St. Louis on Friday and before she gets here lets just get a few things out of the way. Yes she is the younger sister of Beyonce. Ok now that we've said it I don't want to hear another person mentioning it while she is here. Solange may be all Knowles but she is a star in her own light. Make your way over to Webster University Garden Center and check her out for only ten dollars. People sleep on Solange because of her family but I love the cd especially the 60's vibe of it. A refreshing sound compared to all the junk that is floating around. St. Louis native Teresa Jenee is the opening act. You know there won't be a show like this without a proper afterparty. Teresa Jenee will be hanging out with the Soul Stylz at Sleek and Solange will be a Lush along with Mr. Hi Hater, Maino.

6 Comments:

ICEE said...

HER CD IS GREAT!!!! DNT SLEEP ON HER IF U DNT HVE IT U SHLD ADD IT TO UR COLLECTION.....

DMario said...

No one gives a shit about solange and her borrowed celebrity status.

Jami B. said...

Oh DMario I see you didn't mind leaving your twitter comment here on the blog. You play too much for that one. Don't be like that, it's not her fault that her sister is older and came out first. She has some true talent and to be honest I would much rather sit through a show with Solange than Beyonce any day of the week.

Deejay Reminise said...

YO!!! Don't sleep Solange have some real soulful joints on this album. I been rocking it for months now. IT shock me. Its not same old everyday club/Radio friendly R&b you use too. Also Teresa Jenee is always super dope. She has real talent.A good look for the St.Louis music ...

My Natural Reality said...

*singing* I coulda been in love by now if it wasn't for T.O.N.Y...I didn't care for her before that track but it's such great lyrics! How did she do at her performance?

Anonymous said...

As much as I may hate to say it...I'm feeling Solange's CD, and her concert was cool too. And it was fun watching her get annoyed over the technical difficulties. Didn't the tech crew know you don't mess the the KNOWLES???
KEV