Monday, May 18, 2009

Check The Label

Packed like Club Façade in 1998, BLACK LABEL was filled with everybody and they play cousin on Saturday for Precision LLC, SYGU and Liquid Assets joint party “Day & Night.” For $10 you got some decent music (the DJ was average) and a comedy show. 

I know folks are coming back with some of these trends from the 80’s and 90’s but some of the things I saw on Saturday night really made me feel like I was at Club Façade or Jay’s on The Landing. Straight up Circa 1998. Before the folks at Black Label and the promoters start sending us emails, we not saying that’s a bad thing. Club Façade was always a fun place to be. Never any drama and the folks inside always made you feel like you were at your peoples house for party and Jays on the Landing was known for the wild parties on the patio’s in the 90’s. and Black Label reminded me a lot of those 2 clubs.

We had a good time overall but if these “venues” are going to keep popping up around town and you have a DJ and you want people to actually dance and have a good time, please review your layout and make sure that your flow is right and you have a designated dance floor.

3 Comments:

My Natural Reality said...

I totally agree with needing better DJs in some STL clubs and with needing the necessary space if ya gonna play dancing songs (ie the stanky leg lol)...

I yawned during the extra long 90s set...I'm all for variety but switch it up sooner than later:)

Nicole, Inc. said...

It was a nice place. But, I do agree with you guys, they need a designated dance area or they should tell folks to stop standing there staring at people who came to have fun. LOL.

Power Couple said...

we had a good time the first we went but a lot of the clubs here don't have dance floors anymore so why even have a dj, they just need to have a ipod playing