Tuesday, July 14, 2009

STL Hits a HOME RUN

I had a chance to attend the All-Star Home Run Derby at Busch Stadium and I must say it was a great treat. Just so happens it was the location of our interview with Ginuwine for the V.I.P. Suite. The mood was great and although many fans came from across the country to attend the All-Star festivities there was a sea of red in the stands as they cheered on Cardinals All-Star Albert Pujols and St. Louis native Ryan Howard (pictured above at bat) who wears his Phillies uniform proud.

Following the sold out Home Run Derby, we headed over MLB's VIP Gala After Party. This was an exclusive event which included owners and MLB team sponsors of both the American and National League. Kim Massie kept the crowd entertained as they entered on the main stage while the smell of good Italian food from The Hill kept party goers full as they prepared for a full night.

Many MLB players enjoyed the night as the mingled with local stars including a few NFL players who were looking great. I didn't see any Rams out, ok I did but I've learned that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I will wait until the season starts to discuss my beloved Rams.
There were so many parties going on last night but I was NOT leaving that tent before I saw the St. Lunatics hit the stage. I thought Nelly was the only Derrty Ent member scheduled to perform. So when Murphy Lee tweeted that he was headed downtown to perform I was happy that I decided to rock some flats because I knew I was about to party. Good thing I was able to snap a pic of Nelly & Ginuwine before the show because once Nelly and the Tics hit the stage my poor camera didn't see the outside of my purse. I was having way too much to play photographer. They sang all their hits and I do believe they did more songs than they did at Super Jam. I even spotted Chingy off the side of stage rocking to the St. Louis classics and showing support, so even though they haven't said it I'm going to say that whatever silly beef Nelly & Chingy had is squashed and over so lets all move on from that old topic.


Music Legend Chuck Berry was set to take the stage next but after noticing that my strapless dress was showing some major cleavage I thought it was best to leave before the senior took the stage and I made the old school player lose concentration.

2 Comments:

STLNUBIANQUEEN said...

GINUWINE AND NELLY BOTH LOOKED WASHED UP

ChicStylez said...

I love Ginuwine!! I need to get out more so I can see him perform or something!