Monday, August 3, 2009

Soul-less in STL?

I once asked the question on twitter if soul mates exist. This very thought has been tearing through my mind for weeks. Is it possible to meet someone who can fulfill every single want and need that you have? Whose heart beat in sync with yours, whose breath fills your lungs with the air that they need to survive. I know several people who are in relationships and several people who are not. It seems like the ones who are in a relationship are just as lost as the ones without a relationship. Yes I am in a relationship and yes we have had plenty of downs as well as some great ups. But isn't that in every relationship? You have to go through the bad to realize how much you love that person because if you didn't you wouldn't waste your time trying to stick it out right? But I'm finding so many of my friends are preferring to be single lately. This brought me to a new question. Is St. Louis becoming one of those single cities where it is hard to find a good man or woman like ATL or LA? I was so close to believing that it was, when I stumbled upon a blog of a great friend and daily reader of suiteSTL PAJNSTL sometime last year. Her relationship is truly one to envy because it seems like she has really found that one piece of the puzzle that you yearn for to complete you. I am sure that they have days where they are not getting a long but when they are it sure is fun to read about. So to my single friends and foes a like I say hold on. I am sure that he/she will come along and complete you as well. But let me say this unless you find Jesus and know more than his name, you really have to have a relationship with him, you will always feel empty because only He can provide you with an unconditional love. Keep your head up people your happiness could be just around the corner.

9 Comments:

4NYnSTL said...

it's out there, but moving here i have realized that the women are so fake and superficial. this really isnt a fashion city but the women try their hardest to be like the women in other cities instead of being themselves. i get so sick of meeting a woman with fake hair, fake contacts, fake eyelashes, push up bras, spanx, hip pads, butt pads, fake nails, fake toe nails. I mean they just really go all out here, and that is the reason I remain single and I just smash a few from time to time

Anonymous said...

^^^^PLEASE GO BACK WHEREVER U R FROM^^^^

Nicole, Inc. said...

@anonymous 5:22 LOL!!!

I don't think St. Louis is the only city where guys and girls find it hard to date. Nobody wants to be lonely but a lot of men out there are scared to commit or they don't want to commit. Some girls are shady as hell and then mess it up for the next girl that comes along. All I can say is...It's hard out here for a pimp! LMAO!!!

pajnstl said...

I'm soo embarrassed lol.
That is all

stlnubianqueen said...

lol at pajnstl. i just think people are not looking for relationships anymore, they would prefer to have a cuddy buddy and so do i, do me good and then go home to your own life.

glamazini said...

in not from STL but i've been here for 12+ years. had not problem finding a guy. i think the "soulmate" concept is backwards. you should find him who you soul loves, and he should find you. it's about what you give to the relationship, not what you will get. so long short, no...you're not gonna find someone who will "complete" you 'cause that's not for a human being to do. but you can find someone on the same page who makes your heart smile and the rest will come out in the wash.

Anonymous said...

Chick talk

tonez said...

I think that the biggest problem is that people are "looking" too hard! A soulmate is just that.. 2 souls that will eventually find eachother God willing.. I say, just go out and live ya life and sooner or later he/she will happen... but only through God. Until then, have fun, have experiences (this will will prepare u) I luv seeing people inlove.. its a huge inspiration for me and what I imagine my destiny 2 be.

Harlem B said...

I am a strong believer in soul mates. I also know that a soul mate can only be someone that GOD took the time out to make especially for you. While you are going to date and come in contact with one or two people that you may fall in love with there is only that one that was crafted with you in mind. I can honestly say that I after bad relationship, fun dating, I have found the person that GOD made with me in mind. I agree with Tonez, people look too hard, when GOD sees that you are ready he will put that person in your life. Until then HE expects you to LOVE him unconditionally. I just wrote about this on my blog. LOL To love and be Loved is truly something amazing when its 100% real. Peace and Blessings...HB