Friday, March 13, 2009

It Sucks To Be A Rams Fan

Today the Rams did the unthinkable they let go of one of the last remaining players who put the St. Louis Rams on the map. That's right they released Torry Holt. Now Holt may be happy because last year he was really pissed at how the team wasn't really doing much of anything. But as a die hard fan and STL native I am left feeling some kind of way about this. Earlier this week we reported the release of Orlando Pace. Now the Rams have a free 14 million dollars to recruit new players. Now the question remains if the fans will come out to support these new players. If not, the Rams may have just made the biggest mistake ever. Why not build the new team around Holt? His age may have played a factor but need I remind them that Kurt Warner was just in the Super Bowl at the age of 38. I just hope and pray that the new young bucks don't dissapoint us, because when we "hate" here in the Lou we go all the way hard.

5 Comments:

Jami B. said...

Don't say sorry to me! I know they suck - I've been at most of the games for the last 4 years and I've seen first hand the silly plays they make on the field.

However, I'm really not that sad to see Torry Holt go. I've never been his biggest fan. I'm a Rams Fan, a T.O. Fan, and Issac Bruce fan - Holt has never made my list.

My advice to Holt would be pick and a city and do it quick cause I hear this a great time to buy

Anonymous said...

sure the rams are not al that great, but checkout the massive upgrades in the works--a whole new team, new feeling and maybe this season they will push forward past 3 wins...

cutting torry--big mistake, I know he wanted to go, but damn, doesn't anyone realize that he had ZERO chance at reaching his full (or anything close to it) potential with a sorry, scared and constantly shook QB that is the root of all evil on that team?!

like kurt, like isaac, he WILL go on to play elsewhere and finish his career in style... and on top.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Dang T. Holt bit the dust, they really won't be worth watching unless they pull in some amazing sleepers.

Anonymous said...

ROLL BOUNCE,
I HOPE THE RAMS DO BOUNCE BACK BECAUSE WE NEED CHANGE AND FAST, MAYBE THE NEW RECRUITS WILL PUT US BACK ON TRACK.

Kojack said...

Tory bring yourself back to North Carolina