Monday, March 9, 2009

Start the week off right

There is nothing I love more than some good St. Louis Rap. When HOT 104.1 did their countdown of the hottest St. Louis Songs of all time, many including myself were surprised that the song "Nikki" didn't make the list. PlayBoy Ro who made that song the hit that it still is today didn't let that stop him from his grind. I got a chance to see him on stage during the Rip The Runway event and I gotta admit that with all the pretend rappers that are running around town these days I didn't pay much attention to him while he rested against the stage awaiting his performance. When that intro beat to the song came on I swear my inner North Side hood chick started doing a dance as I sang along during his entire performance. He is still working the St. Louis scene hard and will be performing at Cusamano's at the H2 Cafe tomorrow night. I have yet to check out this event but from what I've heard it is a sure fire way to start the week of right. And with Ladies free before 11 I'm happy this is in my budget!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

booooooo. I hated that dog on song

Anonymous said...

^^^Happy Monday HATER^^^