Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Open Letter to that one dude

Dear Blog Thief:

You are not slick, funny, cute, or talented when you take the time to steal other's work, then pass it off as your own. We call that stealing, wrong, and bad blog etiquette. While blogging is fun for us, we take our work very serious. Visiting clubs, concerts, and various events is work for us, that's why when we're out you see us taking pics and notes instead of hanging out at the bar sipping on a drink or getting all sweaty on the dance floor. Following those long nights, we stay up late so that we can write our post because we like to give our dedicated readers an update daily. So imagine how frustrated it is to find out that there are people out there like you that are so bold, lazy and trifling to just copy what you read on other sites and post it on your own and act as if you were there, wrote it and took the pics. That my friend is NOT O.K. If you think for one moment that folks haven't noticed you are WRONG. There are other bloggers, writers, and many of our readers that are aware of what you've been up to and has expressed how upsetting and sad your actions are. And before you give off the same goofy look you did when you were approached about stealing from our blog the first time, we have proof of what you've been doing to us and other writers in St. Louis. You have been given warning after warning but I see you just won't stop. So let me ask you (since we know you read our blog), WHY? Why can't you write your own work? Why can't you take your own pics, we've seen you with that pocket camera so don't act like you don't have a digital camera? Why can't you send a simple email requesting a copy of the work so that you can post and GIVE PROPER CREDIT? If you or anyone else has the answer please let us know.

Thanks
Jami B. and Cryssrenee
suiteSTL

P.S. - while we like to support local blogs, you sir we can NOT and will NOT support. Because of your actions you have been removed from our blog roll. While we won't give your name on this blog we believe it is our duty to warn other bloggers of your actions so that they will be aware of what you are up to. Thanks and please visit our site agin...just don't take anything with you when you leave!!!

22 Comments:

Unknown said...

My own personal blog hasn't been around long enough to be targeted (at least I don't think) by this person (not sure who they are), but I wanted to say this; Integrity is the name of the game. If you don't have it, you do not succeed.

End note.

MsTashaB

http://bloggingimpulse.blogspot.com

PATCHES Clothing Co. said...

Wow, thats super lame. I kind of want to know who it was just so we can look at them crazy. Biting is an epidemic that needs to be cured, especially in St Louis.

-b. reason
www.patchesclothing.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I think this was very well put and to the point. You tried to be an adult about the situation and they won't listen...call that ass out!!! That's the problem with St.Louis, people befriend you and make it seem like they supporting, but in reality they spying and seeing how they can out do you. St.Louis we need to get original and stop disrespecting each other. The Show Me State is becoming the Show Me How to Hate State.

The FĂȘte Society said...

Plagarism is bad, bad bad. I'd like to know what he looks like so I can give him the gas face in public...Blah

Raquita said...

I'm a STL local and I almost thought I knew who you were talkin about when you mentioned that point and shoot...

you ladies keep doin your thang the haters will fall by the way side..

Suite B said...

Funny how some people think this is a game but to those of us who enjoy this and take pride in our blogs it pisses me off to see people like this with internet access.

This alone will make me come back and open my blog up with a bang and call this fool OUT!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I wonder who is being referred to here...
KEV

ICEE said...

NOW YALL KNW I WANT TO CALL HIM OUT SOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!

Nicole, Inc. said...

Yea, I want to call him out too, but that ain't right. You know, I don't think this "hate" thing is just special to St. Louis, it's everywhere. When you are doing good and people didn't think of it first, they hate, that's a fact of life. SuiteStl, you handeled the situation well and I'm proud of you. :-)

Toodles,

Your cousin and co-#1commenter(Icee is the other one)

Nicole, Inc.

Anonymous said...

ROLL BOUNCE,
I DONT GET IT. IS IT REALLY THAT SERIOUS TO STEAL OTHERS WORK..I MEAN ITS A BLOG..WOW!!!!!!!

stlhiphop said...

A blog is RSS (Real Simple Syndication) it's like the AP...it is impossible control content online, once you put it out there, its out there. You can't even protect your pics, somebody else can come along and smack their logo over your web address. Years ago I came across MY SITE on another server...SOMEBODY STOLE MY WHOLE SITE...and yeah, I was pissed but rather than focus on that person, I expanded my reach and saturated the net with my brand. Now whenever someone does a search they find me, never him.

Needless to say, I kinda got sidetracked by why I came here. I found your blog on google. Love what you're doing here ladies. Adding your feed to stlhiphop.com and theladiesofthelou.com, will send traffic your way. We're upgrading our server today, but later, if you got a min, check us out.

Peace,
b

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear that ya'll getting jacked but in some ways its good cause it means folks are taking notice of what you are doing. Don't let him stop your grind. The letter was good and kind of funny and i'm sure he knows you were talking to and about him but did him a favor by not being messy about it.

BTW - love the site

Power Couple said...

We weren't aware there was another blog in St. Louis!!!

KIMBERLY HARRIS-SIRLS said...

HEY LADIES I'VE BEEN BUSY BUSY BUSY!! SORRY FOR NOT KEEPING IN TOUCH. BUT KEEP IN MIND YOUR DOING YOUR THANG AND THAT THE REASON JUST KEEP PUSHING FORWARD. ONE MONKEY DON'T STOP NO SHOW (ESPECIALLY MY GIRLZ)

CoCo. said...

I agree with Nicole, it can happen anywhere in America. I've had people steal my photos. That's when I decided to watermark the mess out of them so that you can't pass if off as yours. I'm curious to know who this person may be. There are some things that make you a unique brand and that is how you should continue to strive to be. When others copy, trust, people WILL know who the originators are. I love reading the updates on this site and although I may not get a chance to comment all of the time, I do read it and enjoy my stay. Keep on keeping on and put that cat on blast...or not...LOL

Ciao,
CoCo.

suiteSTL said...

Thank you all for your support of our blog. We appreciate our readers for having our back and being the force that drives us to continue on giving STL something new.

For those with blogs we will be updated our blog roll so if you don't see your name please let us know and we will be sure to add you to our growing list.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

LMAO

Nikki Lyles said...

Sad, sad, sad. I believe said blogger is intimidated that you all have gained momentum and felt a need to compete (or keep up). They can't help it if they are not as creative or hard-working as you ladies are. It doesn't even matter because you all do have the HOTTEST blog and I am totally addicted:)

Nikki Lyles
Ms. Urbanista

Anonymous said...

thats some phucked up shyt but what ya'll really need to do is call this man out or i will call MAAT out myself

Anonymous said...

why don't you guys just watermark your club pictures so no one can steal?

suiteSTL said...

You would think that watermarking our pictures would be all it takes but this bold thief likes to crop the pic down until you can barely see our tag and we still want to give our readers the best pics without putting our name right across people's face.

CoCo. said...

@Suite - I use a FREE program of download.com in which you can put your logo any designated spot you want for ALL your pics and you can place it as DARK or as LIGHT as you want. The best thing since sliced bread I tell ya. Keeps your MARK but doesn't take away from the photo too much and plus its still visible to the naked eye. I downloaded that program as soon as photo theft began. Some people still crop the shit out my pics I take for Freetime but I don't care, as long as it isn't my photoshoots or celeb photos. I work hard for those images!