Friday, May 1, 2009

FRIDAY NIGHT FAB

It's Friday and you are either happy you just got paid, happy you still got a job, or just happy that you haven't contracted the swine flu, so that sounds like you need to celebrate. Get out and  enjoy some of the great events St. Louis has to offer and don't be a STL hater whining about "it's never nothing to do in this town" cause we are giving you 4 great ways to spend your Friday night.

The weather is warming up and there is no better place to hang out than the U. City Loop. With ladies free until 11, I'm suggesting that you go grab a bite to eat at Pi and then head west up Delmar to see what DJ Charlie Chan has cooking on the 1's and 2's. It's on the corner just north of Delmar on Eastgate and in case you riding the short bus the address is 609. I wish I had more info to give you but I haven't been to 609 in a month of Sundays (really a year of Sundays) but it seems like Robert Kirk is still holding down a good crowd.

The folks at SoulStylz may think we have forgotten about them since they haven't been featured on the site in a while but we were just giving our readers a well needed rest so they would be refreshed to attend the Beautiful event at Sleek (inside of Lumiere). Since this event series was announced a few weeks ago there have been nothing but positive reports from the all the Beautiful people that support this SoulStylz event. I'm going to throw my new BareMinerals makeup on, spray some oil sheen on the crown and get all Beautiful so I can join the cool kids club.

There is a part of me that every time I see this flyer for LUSH I want to bust out the rap that Mocha does on her commercial...then I remember I can't rap so I just say it quietly to myself while I lay my clothes out on my bed that I plan to wear when I hang out with Mocha Latte & Boogie D. Everybody is FREE until 11 but if you didn't get on that V.I.P. list that they were offering via Facebook then you better get there early cause they start packing it in early.  Oh yeah and our girl  Tamariane will be celebrating her 30th Birthday there tomorrow night so you already know suiteSTL will be in the house helping Ms. Tamarine party like the little ball of sunshine she is.

Nothing makes me want to go out more than a good comedy show and a party. St. Louis House of Comedy is giving you both cause this weekend marks the 1st Anniversary of Dee Lee's comedy club. They've brought some big names and we were there during many of those events and no matter who they bring to town I still enjoy seeing the local comedians on stage doing they thing. I'm sure the locals will be there but I am excited about seeing the hilarious Tony Roberts who will be there through Sunday. Big ups to Dee Lee on his 1st year and we hope that this is just the beginning of many more years to come. I wonder since Steve "not at all funny in the morning" Harvey got moved off of The Beat after replacing Dee Lee do the folks over at 100.3 feel like complete fools for  shutting down the Dee Lee morning show. They better be glad HOT 104.1 put Rickey Smiley on mornings, otherwise I would be ready to protest demanding that they bring that light skinned comic back to radio. OK sorry I didn't mean to go off on a rant, damn this was suppose to be a Happy Anniversary post for them. Oh well get your tickets and support Dee Lee so he will continue giving us laughs down on the landing.

2 Comments:

stlnubianqueen said...

best hot dogs ever are sold on the corner right in front of 609, dont sleep on that lil stand

Power Couple said...

we went to sleek last week and they have these other events beat for sure